2.21.2008

Let it go

So...I have this friend that has a little dilemma. His sister continues to sneak out of her house late at night and one can only imagine what she is doing.

The other night my friend and I just got back from a movie theater and he received a call from his mother who had been roaming the streets franticly searching for her daughter. We combed about a 2 mile radius around their neighborhood. Long story short, we found the girl walking with another girl and two older guys.

My friend hopped out the car and begins beating her with his belt (how embarrassing). He finally made her get into my car and we drove her home. Another big fight broke out but this time the older sister jumped in. Yelling, profanity lol, chaos ensued. Finally we got my friend to calm down and we left. Yet on our way out...his sister began walking away from the house again. AGAIN he got out of the car and forced her to get back into the house.

Question! Was my friend wrong for trying to beat some since into this girl? She's 17 years old yet she thinks she has the world all summed up. I think a little discipline doesn’t hurt but I don’t believe a person will change by being drop kicked in the back.

Thoughts?

9 comments:

Sasha Sapio said...

Hmmm...

OF COURSE he wasn't wrong for trying to beat some "sense" into her, but no matter what he does if she doesn't care about herself why should he?

But, then again, in the end it would be worth the try; she'll regret not listening.

"Don't save her, she don't want to be saved" ;)

Cruz said...

"Don't save her, she don't want to be saved" ;) ------I wanted to tell him that sooooo bad but I didn't want to break his heart.

= /

Sasha Sapio said...

It's a different day and age.

What would YOU have done?

Cruz said...

I've been there before with my sis. I just...let go? I never beat her lol but I did something worst that I don't want to go into detail about.

I guess my friend should try to be a little more active in her life. Not only as her brother but her friend as well. Hitting her will only make it worst.

Sasha Sapio said...

Very true.

Not in the whole "big brother, big sister mentor" way but this wouldn't be the typical "kids will be kids" situation. There could be some long term, irrevocable consequences for her behavior.
But the more people tend to push someone with that mentality the more they will pull away.

I think that he should try to understand why she feels the need to go out and about to look for Lord can only guess what before he jumps the gun and has her running off even more.

If she feels like she's grown and has the world figured out at 17, he should take her around for a closer look at where she's heading.

Kind of like Maury's boot camp for kids with behavioral issues ;)

Cruz said...

I agree.
Her mom is giving her lip, her older sister, older brother....see where this is heading? I see her pregnant very soon, unfortunately. The two older guys she was walking with look like crap but then again maybe I look like crap to someone out there lol

Sasha Sapio said...

Lol.

I have an idea!

Tell your friend to show her Milky's Blog, let her see what's out there.

:D

[genius]

MiSs_JaY said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
MiSs_JaY said...

beatings will only make a person agrier and more rebellious!..
trust me speaking from experience!