6.01.2009

National Idiots Day

I'm annoyed today. Only today? Yeah, shut up.

I was going to write about Sneaker Pimps 2009 / Miami - which was a success. But instead I'm going to tell you about Captain Obvious and her crew of flunkies.

I work in Purchasing. If you've been paying attention to my last few posts - you would see that I got stuck with being in charge of handling the pay-on-foot station that is located in our parking garage. It's the dumb machine in a parking garage that you take your ticket to, pay and gtfo. 

The busiest days in the garage are Mondays and Tuesdays. It can get pretty hectic. Captain Obvious is the "Garage Supervisor"...which means that she's one of two workers in the booth and is slightly less autistic than the other. I'll just refer to her as CO.

CO - Remember, today is Monday. Make sure everything is set.

Man. How do you respond to that by not drop kicking someone in the face?

Usually, I don't give her too much attention. But today is different. I think today was a surprise National Holiday for Idiots. And a big ceremony was held at the garage. No one notified me of this illustrious event and you guessed it - no one brought me any cake.

So, luck lands on my side and I don't see CO for most of the morning...which is fantastic.

But she catches me right after lunch near the back of our building and says this:

*clearly raining outside*
CO - It's raining outside. I don't think a lot of people will be coming into the garage.
Me - Oh really?
CO - Yes, it's weird because it's Monday. And Monday is our busiest day.

*3 second pause*
Me - Oh yeah?
CO - Yeah.

She is sharp.

One of her flunkies also takes it upon herself to remind me every week that it is indeed Monday. I distribute janitorial supplies to this woman once a week. When? On Mondays! Every. Fucking. Monday. So today she sees me and says:

Flunky - Hey Radames, it's Monday...time for supplies.

*3 second pause*
Me - It's Monday?
Flunky - Yes.
Me - sigh.

If one more person tells me that it's Monday...I will kill said person on a random Monday.

5 comments:

-=UnkleLuc=- said...

lmao

Matt said...

Today is thursday.

Just thought you should know.

Cruz said...

lmao

ChicoFontaine said...

Today is Friday, tomorrow Saturday. 2 days before Monday

Cruz said...

lol shat ap!