4.22.2007

Fighting Over Religion...Pointless?

I think it's funny that religion is such a controversial topic. Millions of people are killed because of religion of all things.

In the end, you cannot fully PROVE that your religion is right. There is arguably no valid physical proof that any religion existed. But that's the beauty of it - religion does not NEED any physical proof to exist; all it needs is belief.

I could easily claim that every religion is wrong, but at the same time, every religion is right.

No sense in having an arguement about it, because you're never going to have a full conclusion to who is right and who isn't. Anyways, that's my 2 cents

PS: Ironically the fact that the existence of a God cannot be proven or disproven has been both the reason the concept has lasted so long, and the one of the main counter arguements for atheists to use against it, including their application of the concept to the wonderful flying teapot/spagetti monster/pink unicorn/whatever..

6 comments:

Stars said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Stars said...

The fight of who is right or wrong is pointless I agree. But what would the world be if we didn't believe in anything although we don't have proof of any GOD, something brings even the unbelievers to their knees at times and something with in them wants to believe in something. Faith, belief, or religion whatever you want to call it or if you want to believe there is a greater power or not. We all have a reason to be on this earth and better yourself and others around us. So the point that we know there is right from wrong, good from bad shows that maybe there is a greater good we need to serve and call him/her what you want the belief that those that do good, good will come thier way is my proof of GOD!

Cruz said...

Well put

Sasha Sapio said...

Lol...Wow, I think we all should agree to disagreewith um..our seemingly Perpetual..uh.. Disagreements..Although I love the "P.S" at the end. So true.
Just once wouldn't you love for someone to simply show you the evidence for God's existence? No arm-twisting. No statements of, "You just have to believe." I guess in the "End" we'll see if God is in the form of a Fat Buddha, a bicycle-clad Jehovah, or if he could pull off St. Nicks twin. Fluffy white beard and Toga included. "God" forbid we evolved from Apes..although it would explain Mike =p. "Anywhoo"..I stick by "The Golden Rule" or to sound less Grade-School..When I do good, I feel good; when I do bad, I feel bad. That's my religion." - Abraham Lincoln
*^_^*

Cruz said...

If I could fight anyone dead or alive...i'd choose Lincoln. Big tall guy, long reach...would be a nice challenge.

Eh, random I know = /

Sasha Sapio said...

Lol..
Very random