4.24.2007

We need a Borders in Opa Locka!!

Ok. I felt like reading about a week and a half ago.

A friend of mine suggested I read, "House of Leaves".

I was having a hard time following until I realized that that's what the author is trying to do, disorient me.

For example, in the chapter about labyrinths, you get so twisted up and confused trying to follow all the footnotes, footnotes inside footnotes, switchbacks, flip-forwards, and text that is literally shaped like a maze. It gives the reader a feeling of confusion, desperation, disorientation...it helps you relate to the character. Good shit.

3 comments:

Sasha Sapio said...

Borders would go out of Business.
Don't Judge a book by it's cover.
*Note the sarcasm*
*^_^*

Cruz said...

eh...

Sasha Sapio said...

lol..
I mean that the cover is a labyrinth.
So
Go Figure