7.04.2008

I'll take annoying people for $200, Alex



This has not been a good week...people wise.

1. The economy is getting worse and worse (we all know that by now). We were told to find ways we could save money at work by our union reps. Each of us were given a sheet with a bunch of empty spaces to share our ideas. I filled the entire page. And you know what the sad part is? They'll just brush it to the side and won’t even consider my proposals because nothing ever gets done the right way at my job. Everything is backwards. Fuck my job.

2. I could create a separate blog dedicated to the ridiculousness that is my work life. A vendor requested an RFQ (request for qualifications) for a certain city project the other day. This is how the conversation over the phone went:

Guy (broken English) - Hallo? Jes, is this the place where I get de RFQ?
Me - For which project, sir?
Guy - oz-moses---
Me - ...Reverse osmosis, sir?
Guy - jes, jes!
Me - I could email it to you if you provide me with an email address.
Guy - Email? uh... (Apparently I asked him to spell monofluorophosphate over the phone because he seemed baffled)
Me - Or I could fax it to you if you’d like?
Guy - Could I pick it up?
Me - yes, sir.

Its 2008, who doesn’t have an email address? My little cousins in elementary school have email addresses. This situation bothers me more because this guy has his own company. How do you expect your business to flourish? I hate my position. I hate the people I have to deal with.

3. I had no idea I knew so many naive people. Most of my friends are over the age of 21 but lately I feel like I hang out with a bunch of 13 year olds. You’re killing me, Smalls. Grow up.

4. Rush Limbaugh inked a $400 million dollar contract. What THE fuck? What is the world coming to?

5. I was channel surfing and noticed Carlos Mencia is back? They gave him another season? HE IS NOT FUNNY!

6. Kids on my block were lighting up fireworks this past Monday (the 30th) and Tuesday (the 1st)...at 4 in the fucking morning. I remember being a kid; I remember lighting fireworks in the street, good times. But not at 4am on a fucking Monday. It got to a point where I went outside with my bat but they were pretty far down the road. I could hear their shitty fireworks as if it was right on my lawn but they were about a block down. Save it for the 4th, bitches!! I need to sleep!

I'm just grumpy at the moment, don't mind me.

Oh yeah, Happy Independence day!

6 comments:

James Tubman said...

lol @ carlos mencia

the economy has to get better

the euro is growing in value eclipsing the dollar

the stock market is going crazy

I don't know man

nobody knows how bad things are going to get

MiSs_JaY said...

-i agree with the economy statement, it's just getting worse every-day.

-who doesnt have email these days 4real?!!.. i know 2nd graders who need to have an email address just for classwork...

-whatver happened with the "heaven sent" position, you had told me about?..


-about the naive people, i myself agree thats probably why i feel i have to distant myself from people..it just gets annoying sometimes....


-firecrackers on the 30th! i would've had gone crazy!

Cruz said...

Dude...Mencia sucks.

The economy does has to get better...can't get any worst (I hope)

The heaven sent position is still there. Things get down slow around my job though, it takes time unfortunately.

Matt said...

I think Mencia plays himself all the fucking time for talking about the same shit over & over.

Anonymous said...

FUCK! Im not alone! Carlos Mencia is definitely not funny!

And the economy? Oh yeah, it could get worse.

Melissa Marie said...

Most people don't suck!!!

I know what you mean about work, we are in the stone ages at times!

It's funny I was on facebook yesterday when I got home from work, and my friend im's me on the facebook im and tells me she's at work. I question her "you have access to facebook at work?" She replies "yes, we use it to network!"

GO FIGURE!
She works for FIU'S and does not have a BS job!