3.05.2008

3rd times a charm

The North and South elevators at my job are pretty standard. Simple traditional LED fixtures, Oval office like blue carpet, and of course VISIBLE directional/position indicators.

After my lunch break I entered the elevator with another woman on our journey to the 1st floor.

We reached the 1st floor.

I wait for her to get out first (because I'm a gentleman like that).

She takes a step out of the elevator with a look of confusion and ask, "Is this the 1st floor?"

Pause.

Let me enlighten you all with some info first. Sadly, this is the 3rd time I've come across such a sharp individual. I shrugged off the first two occasions because they were old women on their way out. This lady has to be in her early 30's, she had Prada glasses on her head, and she didn't seem to have any type of mental illness.

Back to the story! She asked if she was indeed on the 1st floor...hmm...lets see:
I don't blame her, it's hard to tell when there's palm trees all over the place. Not to mention the cars passing by. Pfft.

My reaction to her question? I gave her a puzzled look and said, "Oh!...ummm... (looks at the LED indicator indicating that we're indeed on the 1st floor) I think we are? But something could be wrong with it? I'll inform the mayor."

She was not amused. She mumbled something in Spanish under her breath while she walked toward the sliding doors that led to the 3rd floor for all she knows.

Victory is mine.

6 comments:

Sasha Sapio said...

LOL :)

I had to read this one aloud and think thrice myself ;)

Fatal Pricko is running off on you!

You never know, :D

ashelina™! said...

i didn't know so much was going on up there on the 3rd floor promise to visit

Sasha Sapio said...

rubbing off*

Ash and I were using this post to our advantage at the Miami Intercontinental Hotel, playing around and asking if the ground floor was indeed the ground floor.

Lol. Poor civilians and bellboys.

Cruz said...

Evil...

MiSs_JaY said...

lol.. i completely understand where you're coming from.. and the comment u said was very funny.. i come across clue-less, oblivious individuals at work and you just seem to0 start wondering where exactly their minds are at..

D R E A .M. said...

that is hilarious.