3.11.2008

MEN

A friend of mine came over last night to kick it and play Nintendo (yes, Nintendo NES).

I just finished unpacking from a recent move and came across some frames I wanted up on the wall.

I told my friend to go over to the back room and bring me the level. He said, “The what?”

How can you be a man and not know what a level is?

Today’s men are a generation of men raised by women (no offense to the ladies).

I had a guy friend call me at 2am one night to go help him with his flat tire…HIS TIRE! How can a man not know how to change a tire? 

I know other men who think a Phillips screwdriver belongs to a chap named Phillip.

What ever happened to going out to the back yard with a lawnmower and a machete to do some yard work? No! Now guys call their ‘landscaping companies’ to do the dirty work.

What ever happened to making/ordering a cafĂ© con leche? Now it’s a double mocha latte with soy milk. Pfft.

Men out there better shape up, damn it.

Remember you have balls and be a man! (No homo)

13 comments:

Sasha Sapio said...

Sad.

Even I know what a level is.
I feel the same way about men these days, but I give a lot of slack to those literally raised by women, and women alone.
Like my brother. I'm surprised he can wipe his own butt (not that I can prove that he really can or anything).
Watered-down men are widely accepted nowadays, like metrosexuals.
But don't worry, the few "manly-men" sprinkled about get major kudos!
:)

Cruz said...

"those literally raised by women, and women alone."---Yeah about that...you're right. I'll give them a pass. I understand that sometimes daddy isnt there.

Sasha Sapio said...

You should get on the women as well, who can't cook or clean to save their Life.

It's so sad.
Especially when they can't do laundry or mantian themselves.

Eeew.

Cruz said...

SHHHH! I was gonna save that for a post down the line.

Crap.

Ah well...the suspense is gone.

It's sad when a woman can't cook a meal from scratch. I had an ex once that became puzzled after I explained that rice had to be cleaned before you can cook it. She didn't know how to iron either...quite the mystery while we're not together anymore hmmm? lol...i'm evil.

Sasha Sapio said...

Lol.

It's really becoming an epidemic if you think about it.
The list goes on and on as to all the things we're no longer teaching our children.

Know one that puzzles and pisses me off to no end?

Coming from a Hispanic background and not speaking Spanish!
How can the parents justify that one???

Cruz said...

No idea.

How about coming from a Hispanic background and abandoning your culture and becoming a Rasta or some other type of half-breed for lack of better words.

I went to school with plenty of em.

MiSs_JaY said...

i completely agree.. theres nothing better to0 a woman than a manly man, who knows how to0 survive on his own and knows basic thingz..
thats why your the greatest kus youre a manly man! lol..
<3 y0u!
-Jay

Cruz said...

I try

; )

-=UnkleLuc=- said...

The fuck is a Level?

-=UnkleLuc=- said...

U mean the ling to level things out..Lie a picture on a wall or somethign to that effect...lol

Cruz said...

go to homedepot.com and type in level

-=UnkleLuc=- said...

I figured that

D R E A .M. said...

AMEN! damn I luv you for writing this1 ;]
Im surprised another man can write this about his fellowhood lol. even those raise by mama alone should have some mentor, I have a level! lol