5.21.2008

Epic

I like pranks. Who doesn't? Well apparently my co-worker doesn't.

It used to be just the 3 of us (we could make it if we try) when our office was located on the 3rd floor. The three of us consist of myself, another male and a female. We'll call them Saunder and Becky.

I suggested pulling a prank on Becky to Saunder (he loved the idea) while Becky is gone on vacation. I wanted to put sticky notes all over her desk...you know...stupid small stuff. But the small stuff lead to this:





We did the following:

- Hid her plants, vanity mirror (Saunder's idea), and desk figurines
- Disassemble her chair (Saunder's idea)
- Outlined her work area with caution tape
- Disconnected her mouse and keyboard(Saunder's idea)
- We left a note on her chair but I don't remember what it said
- Connected a bunch of paperclips to create a hanging loop and taped them alongside the bottom of her desk

Two things of note:
1. Pay attention to the pictures (click to enlarge). She hated her name plate. She always kept it inside one of her desk drawers. We took out the name plate and taped it to her desk.

2. She has a dog named Toby who is like a son to her. She loves him dearly. We hung her stuffed toy dog from the ceiling over her desk. I must admit...that was kind of cruel. Could you imagine if we would have left the sticky note that said R.I.P attached to the toy? That would've earned us a kick in the groin or two.

What did she do when she came back from vacation? She cried. I'm glad I came in late. I didn't see her wrath, I didn't experience it. This is what happened when I came in:

Boss - I'm disappointed in you guys.
Me - What happened?
Boss - You made her cry; she's pissed.
Me - ...Umm...Can I take the rest of the day off?
Boss - No..

We put everything back. She was pretty upset but eventually she got over it.

5 comments:

Melissa Marie said...

I remember when you guys did that, I think you gave away who she was when you mentioned Toby!

Sasha Sapio said...

I don't think that's too horrible, I know I would have done much worse. I'm surprised you didn't keep it low key with a twist: disassembling her chair and having her sit in it. Not THAT'S a prank! Youtube worthy if you asked me.

But crying? Wow, maybe because of the whole hanging stuffed animal thing, then it would be understandable. I know if you hung my Cuddles bear I would have tagged "Succa" on the back of your Camaro.

Why Camaro?

I dunno. :p

Anonymous said...

Lol, can you take the rest of the day off, wow. I think it was funny! I dont think you went too far at all, maybe she was just sensitive. The whole pup thing is a bit mean, but come one, its a prank!

Cruz said...

Melissa - I thought the (1) woman that was mentioned gave it away? If you work with me, you know who i'm talking about.

Sash - I have no idea if the chair fell apart when she sat in it...she never did. My boss said she went to our lounge area and cried in there. The lynching was a bit much. I see you read a bulletin, eh? My Camaro is banging.

RB - I found out that day that she is extremely sensitive. Never again.

MiSs_JaY said...

lol... i wouldve laughed and then began making a plan to get you back.. never cried! lol...