5.14.2008

Go shawty...

I was thinking about a thousand and one things last night. I was cleaning out some stuff and came across a movie stub I kept from the first date I went on with my ex. That got me thinking about my first date with another ex.

I picked up my ex-ex (we’ll call her Sheeba) in a limousine. Don’t laugh, it’s not funny. Ok maybe it’s a little funny. I have no idea what possessed me to do that. It baffles me to this day. Sheeba would always tell me that the limo concept was not corny that she loved it. Even after we broke up she stuck with her story.


I met Sheeba on myspace. Ok now you may laugh. We talked for a pretty long time until one day I thought why don’t we umm actually meet? She agreed and the limo was reserved. So cheesy, my goodness.


I decided to drive over to South Beach and park my car in a garage near by the restaurant. The garage was about 7 blocks away from the restaurant and I had a bouquet of flowers with me. I had to hear whistles and ‘awws’ and light giggling for those 7 blocks from people on the strip. I get to the restaurant and notice the driver is late. I then reenacted a scene from True Life: I’m getting Married when that Jersey guy threatens the limo driver, “I’M GONNA GUT YOU LIKE A FISH IF YOU DON’T GET HERE IN 5 MINUTES FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!!!” Ok that didn’t happen. But he was a few minutes late.

Finally we arrive at her house and this happens:

Me – I’m outside
Sheeba – I don’t see your car. What the fuck is a limo doing outside my house?
[the driver opens my door]
[Burst of laugher from sheeba]

Then Sheeba’s mom pokes her head out of the front door with a huge smile. What a cheesy idea. We went back to the restaurant for some damn good grub, walked around the beach, went to Coconut Grove, went to Key Biscayne, and topped it off at a BP gas station. Sexy.

PS: It's a celebration!

8 comments:

MiSs_JaY said...

lol... i didnt know you had it in you... very sweet, sounds like a great date.. damn why didnt we ride in a limo wen we met lol.. we met on myspace thats one similarity.. i like good food.. and limos are my thing.. never been in one tho..lol...

Cruz said...

Meeting and dating are two seperate things ; )

*Crystal* said...

I can only imagine how she must have felt, that is so sweet. And if the chick can still stick to the story and acknowledge it for you then that is major kudos for you. Sheeba makes me giggle - dont ask. That is by far the most perfect sounding date, although seemingly pretty costly lol. I hope you have a happy birthday, I want to read a post about it tomorrow! :]

Cruz said...

Thanks! I will ; )

Melissa Marie said...

Along with the ticket stub you forgot to mention the picture as well. ugh!!!

So how did it end with Sheeba, or is this a story I already know?

Cruz said...

Ticket stub, pictures, gifts, etc. Whatever.

You already know the story

Lovelee. said...

That sounds awfully romantic. I cant imagine how such a lucky girl could let you go. Hope you have a wonderful birthday!

-=UnkleLuc=- said...

this blog rules