5.20.2008

I rule with Pikachu

I enjoy the simple things in life. I spent about 4 hours last night playing this with a bunch of grown men:



This is what we do. We don’t tote guns and rob liquor stores. We play sports and hang out. We don't look for trouble and cite riots. We play Smash Brothers and Mario Kart on Nintendo 64, yes, N64. I guess we could all purchase Wii's or PS3's but the integrity isnt the same. We all get that nostalgic feeling whenever we're not playing the N64.

I took some time off from work and came back this morning to this:



It might not look like much to the average person but coming from a guy that dealt with this for the past two years:



It’s awesome.

I've had a 1972 phone ever since I started working for my employer while everyone else had AT LEAST a phone that had a call-hold button. I work for the government, not Google. I don't get cool toys like this:



I thought it was some sort of 'hazing the new guy' phase I had to go through but apparently not. I had maybe the worst phone in Miami. And now? Now I have a hold button...and we are pleased. Now I have caller ID and voicemail, we are very amused. It took me about 10 minutes to set my voicemail because I had to remember that it's not a toy.

The little things people, they matter. They matter to me at least.

1 comment:

Melissa Marie said...

The City of Hialeah is moving out of the 19th Century!!!

Whoo-Hoo!!!