4.24.2008

Real World: Hollywood

Humans are fascinating creatures. The stuff that comes out of peoples mouths are down right hilarious sometimes. I meant that last sentence sarcastically. That's the problem with reading my blog. You can’t see the look on my face every time I get cynical.

I have to share what I saw last night. I saw this touching movie on the lifetime channel. It was about a young teen who becomes pregnant during her freshman year at high school. Ok that was a lie. It must’ve been a typo, a typo, a typo. Ok what I really watched was True Life: I'm an alcoholic. Again. But what made me laugh was a commercial for The Real World: Hollywood.

The one where Kimberly says to Brianna, "Ok let's not get ghetto."I actually LOL'd. My dog (mans best friend) looked at me as if I were yodeling or something.

That commercial sucked me in so I ended up watching the show from the beginning. Here is what I think about the cast so far:

Brianna - Initial reaction: is she black? Come on I know I’m not the only one with that question! Hmm she's a stripper, eh? What kind of strip club does she work for? She looks like a stripper that works Tuesday and Wednesdays, day shift. She's not getting any of my Washington’s.

Joey - Dude is scary huge. Which is more frightening: his hair or his muscles? Is there a reason for being that big besides tossing pianos around? He's too sensitive. "I've gotten my ass kicked since I was 2 years old" boo-hoo. Geez go cry about it. Now I see why you're so big, cry baby.

Will - Seems like an OK guy, kind of corny but then again who knows what type of person he is when the camera is off. I don’t know which is worst: someone that says dude every five seconds or someone who says 'that’s wassup' every five seconds? Cut it out, Will.

Dave - Seems like a good wingman. Yes, men are that desperate. Fuck what your girl roommates think. Go after boobers, let her in the house! He's OK. Try to keep your penis in your pants though.

Kimberly - Super racist, cute, but super racist.

I like Greg...so far. Why? Because he keeps it real damn it. He doesn’t put on a show in front of strangers let alone a national audience. He likes messing with people. He reminds me of myself. I agree with him, there are no hot women in the house. There are some cute females but nothing serious. I love how the camera shows all the shots Greg missed on the basketball court. Symbolism on MTV? No!?

Sarah - Seems to suffer from little Ms. Princess Syndrome. She is probably the most annoying person in the house. She cheated on her boyfriend after the 1st day. Technically...doesn’t her boyfriend have to go hunt down Will now? For those has not seen this episode yet: Sarah's geeky boyfriend takes off his prescription glasses and says, "If any guy out there messes with my girl, i'll hunt you down and kick your ass"

In that case:
Will - 1
Sarah Bf - 0

I could be wrong though. Don’t judge a book by its cover, kiddies. Her bf looks like a charter member of Oprah's book club but ultimate fighting could be one of his hobbies for all we know. You can't blame Will though! It's all Sarah's punk ass fault. Whore. Classic problem with the 18-21 year old female demographic.

Episode 2 recap:

-It's one thing to be goofy on your birthday and it’s another thing to invite random guys to your house when you have a boyfriend, Sarah. Dumb ass. She might have caught herpes if it wasn’t for Joey scaring the guy off.

-Did anyone notice how much smaller the guy that Joey arm wrestled was? He beat Joey what...3 times? Joe's a head case. Run away when he drinks, run!

-Inner-city-blacksville? Wowzers. Kim has to be the most racist cast member ever. Jesse Jackson would be yelling at the screen if he watched this episode.

Notice how long commercials last? Not long at all. I'm shocked!

I guess I’ll continue watching. I haven’t watched The Real World since the Las Vegas season. You know what I want to see for once? A chick that isn’t so easy. Come on MTV, Surprise me! But then again prude chick’s doesn’t equal to high ratings. Damn it. Stay tuned next week for when I bash Tila Tequila.

14 comments:

-=UnkleLuc=- said...

Real world is back homez..

the last 7 seasons(Besides chi-town, san-diego, texas, and a couple more) sucked donkey ballz

Cruz said...

Word to mother.

blogger.com/profile/15274910290561139657 said...

Ummmm... You really are watching the boob tube again, aren't you?
Thanks for the recap, I think the last time I even glanced at a "Real World" episode was in... 2005? But seemingly, not much has changed. There's nothing "real" about it, is there?
You know what I want to see for once? A chick that isn’t so easy. - LMAFAO
you made a funny! ;)

blogger.com/profile/15274910290561139657 said...

Please don't ask me what LMAFAO means... come up with something catchy, or pretend it's an inside joke thing, ya know?

Just spare me. :)

OH! And I have to ask, you weren't really watching LIFETIME, where you? because that would be a major typo, my friend.

But JUNO was a good teenage pregnancy movie, I was going to blog about it but it hit too close to home.

Cruz said...

Yeah it might not be real but it's highly entertaining. Watching and waiting to see when Kimberly will drop the 'N' bomb watching Brianna's reaction. Hilarious.

If you wait long enough...I eventually make a funny. I might strike out a lot but eventually i'll hit something ; )

Nah, wasnt watching Lifetime. Juno is good, 2 thumbs ^

Laugh my aqua fresh ass off? You might be on to something...

Cruz said...

I just fixed the typo (irony, eh?).

"Ok that was a lie. It must’ve been a typo, a typo, a typo."

It said life before. I'm an idiot.

You'll understand the typo bit if you see a certain commercial.

Unknown said...

seriously. what the fuck is up with that dude's hair and why hasn't anyone said anything about it yet????

Cruz said...

I know! I guess it's more normal than I thought?

Lovelee. said...

RW: When -yawn- meets -barf- for me. Might trademark it YARF or something. he he
Cant stomache "reality" TV.

Cruz said...

neither can I but Real World is different..

Anonymous said...

Liana, you go gurl. Sorry dude but theres not much difference between reality tv and real world. Sure, things arent really staged and no hearts are trying to be own over like Flavor of love or whatever, but realistically you have to understand that people know that theyre on camera and are being themsleves..on camera.
But thats debate-able.

Anonymous said...

oh, and come one: Hollywood? my hometown.

Cruz said...

Something about a racist white girl about to get pummeled by an angry stripper intrigues me. I guess I'm simple like that. I'm sure I won't make it past episode 5.

*Crystal* said...

exactamundo. you cant really knock it until they're knocked out. its called entertainment. what people find entertaining is their preference. small things amuse small minds and maybe to some people this isnt small. maybe watching other people live their lives enlightens them. maybe they learn something from others experiences, personally I havent watched much tv in the longest like many of my co-eds because it kind of feels like it defeats our purpose: we live the life we see on Laguna beach and real world hollywood, etc. but it used to be fun to flip on the tv and watch a good showtime flick. I guess the angst directed towards reality tv is derived from shows like Flavor of love (as mentioned) and others including Britney and K.FED or Whitney and Bobby. They are so pathetic. But maybe miss mc and lovelee are rubbing off on me.
whoa - long comment.
Basically without the sarcasm even if humans aren't that fascinating some of the things we hear or see them do is pretty funny. Thats how i first took real world. I said it was a joke. entertaining, but the sincerity in it was either lacking or never there to begin with.