4.15.2008

Roy orbison

I usually can’t remember most of my dreams. It’s a situation where I’d have to immediately write down what happened as soon as I wake up or I’d forget in less than a minute (strange, yes). I remember color dreams, dying in dreams, cooking, stabbing, loving, jousting, and washing but I can’t remember any other details from those dreams. There is only one dream that I could never get out of my head.

See the picture above? Yes, it’s Christopher Walken. We need more cowbell. Respect. Do you see how he is kneeling down on the desk? Some random demon like angel with wings covered in blood was kneeling that same way on the roof of my childhood house, right above the entrance. That creeps me out today let alone 10 years ago. I blame The Prophecy.

But last nights dream wasn’t frightful at all. I was in someone’s living room playing guitar hero.

Although, the dance dance revolution screen was up, not the traditional guitar hero screen. It wasnt a special edition game or anything...it was just fucking weird. This is what I saw:

I guess the ‘me’ in the dream didn’t notice because I kept rocking out. I don't even know how the controls worked but they did! I don't get it! I'm flabbergasted! For those who havent played Guitar hero, this is what the screen should look like:
Here’s where the weird part comes in. The screen changes from DDR and a screen shot of this guy pops up on screen with a blue bar:
Erik Estrada. Yes, the guy from Chips. I'm sure some of you have seen his infomercials on Saturday mornings. Anyway, back to the game. He pops up on screen holding a gun along with a blue bar that moves across the screen. You have to tap the blue button (on the guitar) repeatedly in order to reach the end of the bar. And while you’re tapping the blue button…gun sounds exploded from the speakers (the sound of a machine gun to be exact). I tap, tap and tap some more. Then I finish the CHIPS level and the Estrada holding a gun picture transitions into a picture of Estrada giving me two thumbs up as if he was the Fonz. Then I woke up.

I would’ve said WTF a million and one times if that really happened. Why was it so normal for me during the dream? Has anyone ever been able to process information thoroughly while dreaming? Is there any common sense in the dream state? Am I asking too many questions? Ok I’ll stop.


Happy Tuesday, biatches.

4 comments:

Lovelee. said...

whoa, the mental images are overwhelming, but I can relate. As incriminating as that sounds...one dream I had stayed with me for years, and the reason that most of the time, we cant remember is really confusing. (I took a Psych class yearsss ago, but I know salchicha will jump on and correct me if I elaborate but basically, it boils down to this:

who dreams about jousting anyway?

;)

Cruz said...

I don't control my dreams! I can't help it if I'm jousting or playing shuffleboard on the beach. It just happens.

I just use to hate when I got attached to something during a dream as a kid and wake up looking for it around the house. I went crazy looking for hats, jackets, and leggings (don't ask).

Lovelee. said...

amen. As a girl I would have dreams in candy and toy stores and wake up so disappointed, but leggings? lol

Cruz said...

Don't ask!